Aspen Corporate is committed to providing you with the highest level of service. This includes protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. You can find more information about the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website at: www.oaic.gov.au.
Aspen Corporate will update this Privacy Statement as required. Any changes will be published on our website so that you are aware of the sort of information we collect, how the information may be used, and under what circumstances it may be disclosed by Aspen Corporate.
For more details on Aspen Corporate's approach to privacy generally, please contact Eujanie Papandreou our Privacy Manager.
What Personal Information does Aspen Corporate collect?
Personal Information is any information or opinion from which an individual's identity may be ascertained.
The kinds of personal information which we collect and hold generally include the following:
- Your individual or your entities identity details such as: Names, Addresses, (including email addresses), Telephone and fax numbers, Date of birth, Occupation and Employer, Gender;
- Financial Information;
- Share portfolio information;
- Creditor information; and
- Information as required by taxation law
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you or your organisation requires, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How does Aspen Corporate collect information?
Aspen Corporate only collects information that is necessary to assist us in providing our services. We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of the personal information we hold and to protect its privacy and security. We keep personal information only for as long as it's reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
We do not collect personal information unless we first ask you for it, you provide it to us, or the information is publicly available. We will collect your personal information only by lawful and fair means; will be used for a lawful purpose and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Aspen Corporate collects personal information about you (individuals and entities) in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you when you engage our firm so that we may provide you with financial planning (through a separate legal entity Aspen Corporate Financial Planning Pty Ltd), tax consulting, business services, audit, specialist services advice;
- Collects information from external sources with prior consent from you. Our external sources include: Australia Security and Investments Commission (ASIC), Fund Managers, Australia Taxation Office (ATO).
We ensure that external sources are permitted under the National Privacy Principles to disclose the information to us, or have received the prior consent from the individual to release the information to us.
When you email us:
- We will use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it and to raise awareness about recent developments that may be of relevance or interest;
- Your email address will not be added to a commercially available mailing list; and
- We will not disclose it without your consent
Consent is obtained from you when we are appointed by you as your:
- Tax agent;
- Financial planner (through a separate legal entity Aspen Corporate Financial Planning Pty Ltd);
Registered office for a company;
- Company liquidator; and or
Agent for other purposes (example power of attorney)
Our appointment is confirmed in writing with you when you sign an engagement letter.
What may happen if you do not provide Aspen Corporate with information?
If you do not provide us with the information we request, our ability to provide our high standard may be compromised.
- Our advice may be inaccurate or incomplete;
- We may be unable to provide certain services to the individuals concerned; The provision of some of our services may be delayed; and or
In certain circumstances failure to provide some information may result in documents being submitted to the ATO, ASIC or other statutory bodies late and possibly incurring penalties.
Why does Aspen Corporate collect the information and how is your information used by us?
Aspen Corporate collects information to provide you with a specific service. We may use the information you provide to us for a number of purposes such as:
- ATO reporting requirements;
- Managing your financial portfolio;
- ASIC requirements;
- Provide other services you require;
- Administrator and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved; Advising clients of event, business opportunities and service provision available to them;
Gain an understanding of your information and financial needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- Providing you with news and information relevant to you;
- Research and develop our services; and
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
Aspen Corporate does not collect sensitive information such as an individual ' s religion, race, political opinion, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual preferences or practices, criminal records or health information. There may be exemptions to this rule, such as where collection is required any law.
Disclosure of personal information
Aspen Corporate will not sell, exchange, trade or otherwise supply third parties any personal information obtained from you without your prior consent.
Aspen Corporate with prior consent discloses information about you to various organisations and or parties in order to fulfil our client's services. These organisations include:
- Australian Tax Office (ATO);
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC);
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) Quality Control;
- CPA Australia Quality Control;
- Banking and Financial institutions;
- Superannuation authorities;
- Fund managers;
- Government and statutory bodies; and
When your personal information is no longer used by Aspen Corporate as set out above, we will destroy or permanently de-identify personal records. Our ability to destroy information is limited by legislative and insurance requirements that require us to retain records for a period of time.
We are not likely to disclose information to overseas recipients and would only do so in accordance with legal requirements.
Using Our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
How will Aspen Corporate keep your personal information secure?
Aspen Corporate intends to protect the quality and integrity of personal information kept about you. We have implemented appropriate industry standard techniques, technological and organisational measures to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under our control.
These measures include:
- Server enforced patch management with notifications enabled;
- Computer firewalls and intrusion detection; Virus scanning tools to stop viruses and unauthorised access to our systems;
Internal wireless secured using EAP security and LDAP authentication.
- Guest wireless network using WPA2 authentication and has no physical access to the internal network;
- Computer password authentication;
- Offsite data backup encrypted using AES256 encryption;
- Destroy and de-identify data when it is no longer required;
- Audit trail of access to client data;
- Confidentiality clauses in employment agreements;
- Bound by the rules of Ethical Conduct of the IAAC and CPA;
- Computer, Internet and Email policy;
- Building security;
- Restricted access to firm premises; and
- Unique client identifiers
- train our staff about how to keep your information safe and secure;
Aspen Corporate will review security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information transmitted via our website is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our website are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online
products or services. Once we receive transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Other websites that may be accessed through our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those third-party web sites linked to Aspen Corporate are not covered by this privacy statement.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Aspen Corporate holds personal information in a number of ways, including in electronic databases, email contact lists, and in paper files held in drawers and cabinets, locked where appropriate. Paper files may also be archived in boxes and stored offsite in secure facilities. The Aspen Corporate policy is to take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is
accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure)
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in personal information and
- Keep us up-to date with changes to personal information such as your name and address
You have a right to access your personal information (subject to the Act), subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting your advisor or our Privacy Manager. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. If you think that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
Use of government related identifiers
Aspen Corporate's policy is to not:
- use a government related identifier of an individual (such as a Medicare number or
driver's licence number) as our own identifier of individuals
- otherwise use or disclose such a government related identifier; and
- unless this is permitted by the Privacy Act (for example, where the use or disclosure
is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court or tribunal order).
Should you have any complaints about our treatment of your personal information please direct this by email to our privacy officer on: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat any complaint about a breach of privacy legislation or any relevant registered code seriously, and will investigate any breach of which we become aware - including how it occurred and how best to prevent such a breach occurring again.
If you believe that we have not adequately addressed your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to contact us
For any complaints regarding a possible breach of privacy, or if you have any questions or feedback in relation to privacy, contact Eujanie Papandreou our Privacy Manager.
Phone: 08 9228 0700
Fax: 08 9228 0706
Email: email@example.com Web: www.aspencorp.com .au
Address: PO Box 8262 Perth Business Centre Stirling Street Perth WA 6849
Office Hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Effective: August 2017