It is important that the planning is undertaken before the decision is required to be made as hasty and ill-considered responses can lead to the wrong outcomes.
We at Aspen Corporate believe that planning is the cornerstone of success and considering the alternatives in every decision can only provide greater guidance to make the most informed decisions.
Some significant opportunities for tax planning may arise in circumstances listed below:
- When you buy or sell a business
- When you buy or sell investments
- When you pay out or enter into new loans
- Salary sacrifice and superannuation, including Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
- Restructuring a business or investments
Making the wrong decision may result in taxation being paid where it may have been possible to reduce or defer the amount or eliminate it entirely.