Mergers and Acquisitions
Are you looking at buying or investing in an existing business? Don't get caught out by the bright lights and sales pitch. As a prospective business owner or investor, you need to critically assess the underlying value and future earnings potential of your investment.
We can assist you with the purchasing decision, help you navigate the purchase process and mitigate your risk. This typically involves:
- Providing an independent review of the business' financial credibility and assist with valuation
- Reviewing your goals and objectives (both from a business and personal perspective) via a clear strategic plan
- Assisting with the preparations of financial forecasting and budgeting
- Advising on the potential hidden pitfalls and contingencies by conducting a due diligence
- Assisting with purchase negotiations and acting as your representative to alleviate pressure from third party involvement
- Ensuring that you are set up in the right legal structure for the acquisition
- Leveraging off our professional network of reliable lawyers, brokers and financiers
Buying a business can be one of the biggest decisions you'll ever make. We understand what's at stake and will always put your interests first.
Exit Strategies - What's next? Don't sail unchartered
To ensure the long term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well designed succession plan. Whether you intend to pass the business on to family, sell to an independent third party or simply shut up shop, there are important strategic decisions that need to be considered well in advance.
Our experienced advisors can assist you with:
- Achieving maximum value for your business and facilitating a smooth transition to new owners or management
- Critically analysing your business from an independent third party perspective to identify inherent strengths and weaknesses
- Narrowing the margin on the 'value gap' from what your business is worth now and the maximum return potential
- Developing contingency plans